Find the most recent videos, stories with photo galleries and multimedia on goodfruit.com.
- Kevin and Mark Stennes talk about their responsibilities and some…
- David Alvarez grew up helping tend his father's apple and…
- Tom Auvil from the Washington Tree Fruit Research Commission, shows…
- Tom Auvil from the Washington Tree Fruit Research Commission, talks…
- Peter Martini returned to the family peach farm in Escalon,…
- Bill Schultz works his family farm, Schultz Fruitridge Farms, Inc.,…
- Curtis Roy is a fifth generation farmer in Moxee, Washington…
- Matt Borman, talks about pruning and orchard management techniques for…
- Kevin VerSnyder, works a full-time job managing vineyards to create…
Latest Stories With Photos, Videos
University of California communications specialist Kathy Keatley Garvey won the top feature award from the international Association for Communication Excellence in Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Life and Human Sciences with this photo of visiting scientist Jakub Gabka of Poland with a bee beard.
Garvey, who works with the UC Davis [...]
The Washington Farm Labor Association says it will resume scheduling crossings at the U.S.-Mexico border for farm workers, but warned it fears massive border backlogs unless the Secretary of State takes action to prioritize farm worker visa requests.
The association says the normally smooth two-day border crossing process for farm workers [...]
Three short videos highlighting tips for tree-fruit growers from the 2014 Cherry Institute in Yakima, Washington.
Editor’s note: the sound quality for these videos provided to Good Fruit Grower is less than ideal.
Tips to manage cherry powdery mildew
Dr. Gary Grove provides tips for growers to better manage cherry [...]
age / 37
crops / Peaches and almonds
title / Farm manager
business / Martini Farms, LLC. Peter is a third-generation farmer taking over the business from his parents. Peter’s grandparents started farming in Escalon after immigrating from Italy in the 1920s.
education / Master’s degree in plant breeding [...]
age / 32
crops / apples, cherries, peaches, grapes, asparagus, and sweet corn
business / Schultz Fruitridge Farms, Inc. Bill works along with his parents and three siblings.
education / Learned from family on the farm along with business courses at Kalamazoo Valley Community College
Q: What was your path [...]
The Walter Clore Wine and Culinary Center in Prosser, Washington, officially opened its doors May 30, a milestone in the growth and prominence of the Washington State wine industry.
Named in honor of a pioneer in Washington State’s wine industry, the center sits on acreage that overlooks the Yakima River [...]
age / 24
crops / manages cherry and apple orchards
business / Roy Farms. Curtis is part of the fifth generation working the family farm.
education / BS in Agriculture Economics at Washington State University
Q: What was your path to farming?
Growing up, I saw Dad waking up at [...]