The Washington State Fruit Commission is seeking an energetic Advertising Sales Manager to administer and oversee advertising sales and develop new account relationships for the Good Fruit Grower magazine, the tree fruit industry’s essential resource for news and educational information.
The ideal candidate will be a results-driven, client-focused team player able to analyze market trends, identify sales growth opportunities, and develop innovative sales programs, strategies and multimedia (digital/print) advertising plans to drive revenue growth in support of the Commission’s long-term goals and mission.
This full-time position reports directly to the magazine’s Managing Editor to, among other things:
- Develop annual advertising plan in support of short- and long-term business strategies and tactics for the GFG.
- Manage development and execution of all print/digital advertising and sales in coordination with the advertising team.
- Serve as industry expert for advertising clients of the GFG.
- Develop, lead and motivate a high-performance team by setting individual and team benchmarks, regularly measuring success against goals and being accountable for development of outcomes in alignment with the Commission’s mission.
- Ensure campaigns and programs are produced on time and within budget.
Qualifications and requirements include five-plus years of sales experience with preference for advertising sales and management experience, a bachelor’s degree in a related field, strong business and strategic planning acumen, strong negotiation skills, and a proactive, positive attitude and desire to work in a results-oriented and deadline-driven environment. Travel required as necessary, about 10 percent.
For more information, contact Managing Editor Shannon Dininny at email@example.com.