The Washington Apple Education Foundation, the charity of the tree fruit industry, has launched a prize contest for high school students in central Washington state. Deadline for submissions is May 1.
Here’s the announcement:
Wenatchee, Wash… The Washington Apple Education Foundation (WAEF) invites all current high school students in the following counties to participate in the annual Year of the Apple Art Contest: Adams, Chelan, Douglas, Okanogan, Grant, Benton, Franklin, Kittitas, Yakima and Walla Walla. The Washington apple themed contest will grant over $1750 cash in student prizes. First place will receive $1,000, 2nd place $500, and 3rd place $250. In addition to cash prizes for students, the top three winner’s art class/teacher will win a $150 Amazon gift card for art supplies.
Contest rules and registration forms may be found at www.waef.org/yearoftheapple or by calling (509) 663-7713.
- Who: Current high school students in Adams, Benton, Chelan, Douglas, Franklin, Grant, Kittitas, Okanogan, Walla Walla and Yakima counties.
- What: Year of the Apple Art Contest. The overall grand prize winner is awarded $1,000 cash and the opportunity to see his/her artwork reproduced onto a poster sized calendar.
- Where: Artwork submitted to:
Washington Apple Education Foundation
C/O Art Contest
2900 Euclid Avenue
Wenatchee, WA 98801
- When: Deadline of May 1, 2018
- Why: Recognize the artistic talents in kids in tree fruit communities!
The Washington Apple Education Foundation (WAEF) is the charity of the tree fruit industry. The organization is best known for its scholarship program. Annually WAEF awards approximately $1 million in scholarship aid to students raised in tree fruit industry communities. For more information on foundation activities, please contact (509) 663-7713 or www.waef.org.