Tim Smith, 2012 Cherry King, (left) and B.J. Thurlby, president of Northwest Cherry Growers, prepare to crown the 2013 Cherry King. Who was it?
1 Tim Smith, 2012 Cherry King (above left), and B.J. Thurlby, president of Northwest Cherry Growers, prepare to crown the 2013 Cherry King. Who was it?
a. Mark Roy
b. Bryce Molesworth
c. Bob Harris
d. Jim Kelley
2 What’s the name of the first apple released by the Midwest Apple Improvement Association?
c. Tiddly Pomme
3 Where was the Smitten apple bred?
a. East Malling
b. New Zealand
d .New York
4 What is the object on the left?
a. Trap for spotted wing drosophila
b. Beverage bottle
c. Trap for cherry fruit fly
d. Whimsically embellished explosive device for scaring birds
5 Which company opened a 1-million-gallon capacity winery in Washington last year?
a. Chateau Ste. Michelle
b. Stemilt Growers
c. Zirkle Fruit Company
6 Which was the top apple variety for spring 2013 plantings in Washington State?
a. Early Fuji
d. Cripps Pink
7 Suite Note is:
a. An electronic pen b. An iPad music app
c. A new wine brand
d. A new cherry variety
8 Name the apple variety, pictured right.
b. WA 38
c. Pacific Beauty
d. Rome Beauty
1. b.”Good Job,” February 15, 2013
2. d.”First Fruit,” January 1, 2013
3. b.”British are Smitten,” January 15, 2013
4. a.”New traps and lures for tree fruit pests,” March 1, 2013
5. c.”New winery adds capacity,” February 1, 2013
6. c.”Plantings set record pace,” May 1, 2013
7. D.”Large cherry given open release,” June 2013
8. a.”Fireblight-resistant apple,” February 15, 2013