There’s a new requirement for growers who receive federal crop insurance premium support.

The 2014 Farm Bill tied federal crop insurance subsidies to conservation compliance, so growers must now file form AD-1026 (Highly Erodible Land Conservation and Wetland Conservation Certificate) in order to be eligible.

Most farmers already have the form on file because it’s required for most U.S. Department of Agriculture support programs.

But Chris Bieker, state outreach coordinator with the USDA’s Agriculture’s Farm Service Agency in Spokane, Washington, said fruit growers might not be aware that they need to pay attention to this because they haven’t needed to submit it in the past and many don’t have regular contact with a USDA office.

Failure to submit the form by the June 1 deadline could make a big difference to how much they have to pay for their crop insurance during the 2016 reinsurance year, which begins July 1, 2015.

The form is available at local USDA service centers and online at When a grower completes the form, FSA and Natural Resources Conservation Service staff will outline additional actions that might be needed to comply with the erodible land and wetland provisions.