- Tree density has a highly significant positive effect on yield.
- Tree density has a highly significant effect on trunk diameter.
- Profitability increases with increasing tree density up to 1,000 trees per acre.
- Fruit yield has a large effect on profitability.
- Fruit price has the greatest effect on profitability.
- With high fruit prices, the optimum density is high.
- Regardless of land cost or interest rate, the optimum density is about 1,000 trees per acre.
- At high planting densities, tree price has a large impact on profitability.
- Higher density systems reach full production more quickly.
- Higher density orchards do not ultimately produce higher yields per acre.
- Higher tree densities usually bring higher investment and higher risk.
- The best combination of high profitability without excessive risk is achieved by the tall spindle system for fresh fruit blocks and vertical axis for lower-priced or processing blocks.
Factors affecting profit
Recent Blog Posts
7sep - 9All DayInternational Blueberry Organization 2015 Summit(All Day) Event Organized By: International Blueberry Organization